Following a year of lockdowns and travel restrictions, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts says it’s clear that travel is “an essential part of life for many”—shifting the term from “wanderlust” to “wandermust.”
the social media poll results revealed that when the ability to travel suddenly came to a halt, people began keeping track of destinations they were eager to explore but haven’t yet visited. Keen to start crossing places off their “must-visit” list, 66 percent of respondents are looking to explore a new destination on their next trip.
In addition, despite the many travel-worthy milestones that may have been spent in quarantine (such as a graduation, anniversary, birthday or beyond), 80 percent of respondents indicated that they are planning a trip for the simple love of travel, after year of not being able to do so. the remaining 20 percent categorized their next trip as an occasion to celebrate something special.
As for what travelers want on their next trip? It seems they are interested in taking a break, following the challenging year-plus. In fact, 69 percent of respondents selected “Relax. Full stop.” when given the option of relaxing or seeking adventure. Similarly, 44 percent of respondents are also ready to unwind at the spa.
Responses varied when it came to how people will travel. An impressive 67 percent of respondents are opting for long-haul destinations. the remaining 33 percent of respondents plan to hit the open road, satisfying the need to get away without venturing too far.
Seeking out authentic cuisine and incredible dining experiences remains a key travel driver. Travelers are hungry to connect over great food and drink, with 56 percent of respondents eager for a getaway that is “all about the food.”